Volunteer with Melanoma Canada!
VOLUNTEER WITH MELANOMA CANADA
“Volunteers are not paid because they are worthless…but because they are priceless.”
Our volunteers come from diverse backgrounds and bring with them a wealth of skills and experience. Volunteers are an integral part of our organization and help us to respond to and deliver meaningful support services, increase melanoma awareness and create a strong and united voice for the melanoma and skin cancer community in Canada. Being a volunteer offers different rewards for everyone, many of our volunteers say sharing their time makes them feel good, helps to build new friendships, and widens their network of support. Together we all have one thing in common – a desire to make a difference in the lives of Canadians effected by melanoma and skin cancer. Volunteer Today!
Learn more about the variety of ways to contribute across Canada below.
SPECIAL EVENTS & FUNDRAISING
Events & fundraising volunteers contribute in crucial ways by helping with the organization and leadership of local and national events and other fundraising initiatives. Its a great opportunity to help Melanoma Canada provide education to patients across Canada as well as raise vital funds to support Canadians impacted by melanoma and skin cancer.
Some of our events include:
PATIENT SUPPORT & PEER TO PEER VOLUNTEER
Providing patients with someone who has been down the same path can provide immeasurable support. Become a trained peer, share stories, act as a supportive mentor and provide support.
Our leadership volunteers contribute their professional skills, experience, knowledge, and networks to support Melanoma Canada at a more strategic level.
Some examples of a leadership volunteer role:
- Join an event committee, providing professional knowledge to our local fundraising events
- Join our advisory groups, providing guidance and innovative solution to further the organization’s strategy
- Lead groups of local volunteers on specific, defined areas of work such as advocacy
- Melanoma & Skin Cancer Information Session Speaker
- Work with local media to distribute public service announcements and other materials to newspapers, television, and radio stations
Information volunteers are critical in helping Melanoma Canada reach Canadians whose lives have been changed by melanoma and skin cancer. Information volunteers deliver melanoma and skin cancer support tools and information within your local community or across Canada.
Some examples of a Information volunteer role:
- Run melanoma information tables at Cancer Centres
- Deliver our printed materials to local hospitals and health clinics
- Deliver melanoma prevention and early detection messages
- Promote healthy living and risk reduction messages in schools, community groups, cultural organizations and in the workplace by making presentations and setting up displays
GENERAL OFFICE VOLUNTEERING
Whether you’re interested in building transferable office skills, helping maintain our databases, or supporting administration tasks, becoming an office support volunteer is a great way of joining a team and contributing directly to our work.
Some examples of an office support role:
- Support our patient support team in preparing resource packages
- Work with our donor relations team to maintain our database and process information
- Help your local team in the run up to organizing an event
Melanoma Canada offers corporate volunteer opportunities suited to your company’s interests and availability. Please contact our volunteer coordinator, Abigail Wiggin to learn more.
1.877.560.8035 x 112 or email email@example.com
Are you interested in a student placement?
For information about student placement opportunities contact our volunteer coordinator
Abigail Wiggin 1.877.560.8035 x112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org