Melanoma Network of Canada is happy to announce that we have updated our online National Peer Support Volunteer training. We are actively recruiting new volunteers into the program. If you have lived experience as a melanoma or skin cancer patient and are 1 year post treatment or a caregiver to someone who has been diagnosed with melanoma or skin cancer and want to support others in their journey reach out to Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved and complete your training today! For more information about the program please watch our informational YouTube video.
The course will cover:
● Empower your peer to successfully navigate their personal cancer journey, drawing on motivational interviewing techniques and stages of change theory
● Strengthen and support the inherent decision-making capacities of your peer across all stages of treatment
● Encourage treatment adherence over the long haul
● Establish and maintain professional boundaries in the Peer2Peer relationship
● Recognize the limits of the Peer2Peer relationship, and identify opportunities for support beyond the Peer2Peer relationship
● Guide the Peer2Peer relationship to a successful conclusion
We would like to thank and acknowledge Merck Canada for providing partial funding for Melanoma Patient Support Programming.
for more inforamtion please contact Mary Zawadzki B.A
email@example.com or call toll free 1.877.560.8035 x 108