HAMILTON NOVEMBER 2018
TORONTO OCTOBER 2018
- Immunotherapy and other Melanoma Treatments Ask the Doctor by Dr. Teresa Petrella
- Update in Melanoma Surgery by Dr. Frances Wright Surgical Oncologist
- Melanoma Network of Canada Services for Patients & Caregivers by Annette Cyr
MONTREAL JULY 2018
- Targeted & Immunologic Therapy in Advanced Melanoma by Dr. Wilson H. Miller, Jr.
- Hope in Research by Sonia V. del Rincon, PhD
- Melanoma Patient Journey by Stan Czebruk
- Coming Soon
About Annette Cyr
Annette founded Melanoma Network of Canada in 2009 after a recurrence of melanoma. As a business and HR executive, she found information and resources for melanoma to be nearly non-existant. After completing treatment, she was determined to ensure future patients would have a better opportunity for accurate and accessible information and treatment. Annette is known as a national leader for her work to improve access to treatment for patients and for prevention of melanoma, including being a founding Director, Board and Committee member of the Canadian Cancer Clinical Trials Network (3CTN), former Board member of the Canadian Cancer Research Alliance, the Cancer Care Ontario Disease Site Working Group for melanoma, CONECTed (a coalition of patient advocacy organizations) and the Ontario Sun Safety Working Group (OSSWG). As a leader on patient advocacy and education, Annette has made frequent television and radio appearances and is quoted regularly in newspapers and in on-line articles.
In addition to her active and busy role as Board Chair of MNC, Annette provides individual assistance to patients and their families for drug access, treatment and is always a kind and informed wealth of information.