When the cold weather sets in, it is easy to forget sun safety, but sun safety is Just as important in the winter months!
Here are some winter sun safety reminders:
– Sun burns are sill possible in the winter months
– The best ways to protect yourself from UV damage in the colder months is to cover up and wear eye protection, seek shade and use umbrellas, wear SPF on uncovered skin and lips
– The snow can reflect up to 80% of the suns UV rays, leading to possible skin sun damage
– Continue wearing sunscreen during overcast weather- the clouds do not protect from UV rays
– Remember, a UV index of below 3 is considered a low chance of sun damage