Uveal Melanoma Booklet

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Annette CyrAnnette Cyr
      Participant

For those of you that may be unaware, in our resources section on this website, we have Canada’s only patient booklet on Uveal Melanoma. It is our downloadable version. Our hardcopies should be available at most major cancer centres. If you can’t find it and would like a hard copy, please contact Cheryl Pereira cpereira@melanomanetwork.ca As well, we have a on-line peer to peer support set up, just for uveal melanoma patients. Give us a call if you would like to be linked up with a fellow patient with uveal melanoma diagnosis. 905-901-5121 x105

Anonymous
      Inactive

This is good, you really bring awareness to this. Hopefully many out there would be an advocates of this. If you plan to submit this idea to massive reader, try this booklet prints from http://www.digitekprinting.com/booklets-black-white, they have the best and quality materials.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have just discovered the Melanoma Network of Canada and I’m thankful. Thank you for the booklet on Uveal Melanoma. I was diagnosed in June of this year with uveal melanoma in the ciliary body. I was treated with plaque brachytherapy in late June at PMH and am very thankful for the care I have received. The genetic test results were rather scary (chromosome 3 monosomy and 8p loss/8q gain) and it continues to be a roller coaster of emotions. I wonder if others in this forum have been diagnosed with uveal melanoma. I have read a several topics and most are skin melanomas. Do you know if there is a local support group specifically for OM patients?

Annette CyrAnnette Cyr
      Participant

Hi Candace. Thanks for your email and we will connect shortly. Looking forward to discussing setting up a support group for Uveal melanoma. I think it is well overdue and welcome your help on that one!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu