Pathology turn around time?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi, I had a suspicious lesion removed on November 1. The preliminary pathology was unclear – labeled atypical melanocytic proliferation (sounds like they were debating atypical spitz vs. melanoma) and the case was going to be brought to consultant dermatopathologists for a consensus opinion. This initial report was issued by LifeLabs on November 9 and I’m still waiting for the updated report. My surgeon’s office has told me this can take “a long time.”

Has anyone in Ontario gone through this process and know what kind of turn-around-time I can expect? Waiting is hard. 🙂

Annette CyrAnnette Cyr
      Participant

Hi there. I am sure there are so many of us on here that would agree that the wait for results or critical appointments is so very hard. There is a shortage of dermatopathologists in the country and they are always backed up with cases. It is good that they are being diligent, as it is often tough to diagnose in certain cases. Not sure by your email of the date it was actually submitted to the pathologist, but it shouldn’t take more than a month. I would think you hear from them very soon – keep bugging them as I am sure you are worries with holidays looming, people will be shutting down.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I believe both of mine took about 4-5 weeks. I agree it is not an easy time.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu