Not JUST Skin Cancer

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello all,

I just thought I share my journey in a nutshell with everyone here.

It started MAY 2012 with a mole on my back. It turned out it was stage III B with one sentinel lymph node positive. Went back and removed the rest of the lymph nodes and one was positive. CAT scan and MRI followed with clear results.
      SEP 2012 I started Interferon. I did 17 days out of 20 full strength. Well most of us know how interferon feels like at full strength. From NOV 2012 to FEB 2013 I was on the reduced dose at home.

In FEB 2013 a CAT scan revealed that I have two small spots in my right lung and the original site was back. PET scan at the time only showed those three tumors. Went in for an open lung surgery and removal of the original site in APRIL 2013.
      In OCT 2013 another CAT scan showed a new spot in the left side of my lung and one on my adrenal gland. On NOV. 12, 2013 I started a double blind study of Vemurafenib and possibly GDC-0973 and have been on it since. I have had to take some breaks and reduced dosages because of side effects.

We saw very good response to the drug in 2 months. The tumors reduced to 1/3 of their original size. Ever since they have shrank or stayed the same size between CAT scans that is until the spring of 2015 when I finally got a CLEAR CT.

Thanks for reading my story. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wow! That is quite the path you were taken down. Your story shows how important it is to follow up and continue to do what doctors recommend – e.g. six month check ups etc. as one never knows what else could be going on besides melanoma.

Amazing news on the clear CT!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Nick,

Everything else IS melanoma. It spread to other organs twice.

Anonymous
      Inactive

My apologies, I must have misunderstood.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu