Concerned

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I had a suspicious mole removed a week ago by a dermatologist. He said the mole had four out of five of the ABCDE’s for melanoma. He performed biopsy in his office that day. I am waiting for pathology results and of course I am concerned. He said will have results in a few weeks and he will call me if there is anything abnormal present. Just looking for some support and guidance I guess.

Annette CyrAnnette Cyr
      Participant

Hi there – thanks for posting. You are doing the right thing to have a suspicious mole looked by a professional and having a biopsy done. I know also how scary it can be. It can take a couple weeks to hear back any results and that can feel like a long time of anxiously waiting. Try to distract yourself to not worry and that you are doing everything you can to ensure early detection and removal. If you don’t hear back, it is still worth following up to have a confirmation of results. On the odd occasion, things slip through the cracks, and I think it is important to know one way or another. Try not to get ahead of yourself with worry about the diagnosis, as it may be nothing. If it does come back a melanoma, you likely will want a copy of that initial pathology report, to confirm what was found. We can certainly help you with understanding next steps and pathology reports etc, if needed. But first things first. Crossing our fingers that it is negative and that you are practising sun safety, and also monitoring your skin for changes on a regular basis.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you Annette, trying to stay positive and I appreciate your reply and advice. I will give an update once I hear back from doctor.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu